Techniques And Interventions To Correct /r/
The /r/ sound is one of the most difficult sounds for a clinician to target.
Participants will learn the secrets of taking the correct steps in the correct order. You will no longer be left in limbo, unsure whether to begin with the initial sound in isolation, or in the final position, or with clusters….or whether to simply pull your hair out in frustration! Certain structural and functional complications that interfere with the treatment process are described and ruled out. Basic lingual skills necessary for success are introduced early in the treatment program. Participants will progress — much as their clients will — through small, critical steps along a smooth and sensible pathway leading to the final goal of habituation. Offered for 0.15 ASHA CEUs – 1.5 contact hours.
- Rule out various etiologies prior to initiating a program of /r/ therapy.
- Understand the basic lingual skills to be maximized before initiating a program of articulation.
- Name and describe the seven stages of therapy from “basics to habituation.”
- Give at least two examples of methods to obtain a pure, stable and consistent ER in isolation.
- Explain the benefits of presenting ER in the final position of words instead of the initial position.
Sandra Holtzman https://youtu.be/KqD81hqzqWQ
mobile/ ipad/ laptop
Video / PDF
You may also like…
Quick Tongue Tie Assessment Tool$6.25 – $49.99
This disposable tool is used to perform a quick test for tongue-tie (ankyloglossia) as well as for general oral and facial measurements. Easy to use for right and left handed people. Measurements on both sides of tool. Directions are included in the package.