5 year old excessive drooling
Wednesday, 01 August 2018
Hi Sandra, I hope you are having a lovely weekend. I have a question about drooling. I’m going through all my notes from class and am looking for some specifics that could advise me on how to proceed. I have been contacted by a Mom with a newly diagnosed 5 year old with “high functioning
- Published in Dental Hygienist, Dentists, occupational therapists, Orofacial Myologist, Orthodontist, physical therapists, speech languge pathologist, Teacher, Therapists, Uncategorized
Tuesday, 15 September 2015
When I gave him an oral motor assessment he was unable to stick out his tongue and the sides of his tongue would "wing" outward. Recently, he was able to stick out his tongue without the wings when we returned back to school.
- Published in Dental Hygienist, Dentists, Orofacial Myologist, Orthodontist, speech languge pathologist, Therapists
Seven year old “balls up his food” and makes a huge mess
Thursday, 10 January 2013
He must ball up his food and stuff it in his mouth. Additionally, he has a history of drooling, although lately he has saliva pooling at the corners of his lips, rather than overt drooling. He maintains an open mouth resting posture with his tongue inside his mouth, but resting against his lower lip. He has an frontal open bite.
- Published in Dental Hygienist, Parents, Therapists, Uncategorized
Help with a repaired cleft lip/palate patient who is still drooling
Thursday, 05 January 2012
- Published in Dental Hygienist, Dentists, Orofacial Myologist, Parents, speech languge pathologist, Therapists, Uncategorized
UTT open bite how long to wait for tx
Thursday, 01 September 2011
I am working with a 7 year old with an anterior open bite. .....background: Referred to me for tongue thrust by her SLP who cannot make progress on her frontal /s/. This girl started with me 3 months ago in November. Evaluation revealed open mouth posturing, forward tongue resting position, drooling, tongue thrust on swallow, and large tonsils.
- Published in Dental Hygienist, Orofacial Myologist, Parents, SLP-A, speech languge pathologist, Therapists, Uncategorized
Habituation with Swallow and Lateral Open Bite
Wednesday, 21 April 2010
Hi, Sandra….Hope all is well with you! So, this 14 year old that has done SO WELL with the program is currently in “follow-up” stage with me. She has worked very hard and gone thru all of the stages and has been working diligently to incorporate reminders and associations and has been using and liking
- Published in Dental Hygienist, Dentists, Parents, speech languge pathologist, Therapists