Q: After doing the exercises and finally passing the proficiency test, are there any outcome measures you suggest to evaluate the efficacy?
There are three proficiency exams for the client to pass throughout the program to ensure progress has been made in every phase.
· You can take post-op measurements and photos to compare with pre-op measurements and during treatment to show progress in the areas that were disordered.
· In addition to the three Proficiency Exams, you have the Home Observation Sheets as well as
· QTT measurements, interlabial gap if appropriate, philtrum measurement (if it was short), and
· Myo Lip Meter Measurements.
· The client can redo the Epworth Sleepiness Scale if they previously had any sleep concerns.
· The written exam is also a good indicator since the client is describing their progress as well as any areas still needing remediation. The Written Exam can be altered as needed to be suitable for a particular client’s age and areas to be considered by them.