I appreciate your email and wanted to get some advice on my kiddo. I purchased your “unplugging the thumb” program and I tried to implement it. However, we are running into an issue with him not buying into stopping his thumb sucking. Do you have any additional tips, tricks, or ideas to help increase his motivation to stop? I believe you mentioned that if the child doesn’t buy into stopping, then it is almost impossible
I have a few questions that will better help me help you …
- Is this for your own child or a client? It could make some difference, having doing myo on my older son many years ago!
- Also, how old is he?
- Have other methods been used previously?
- If so, what kinds and what happened?
- Also, how recently were they used?
- How far along did you get before you realized he didn’t ‘buy in’?
- What have you tried at that point or did you drop it at that point?
Let me know and we’ll try to solve this together.